Are you shopping for affordable California auto insurance quotes at california-insurance.net? If you live in California, you are required by law to have a way to cover the costs incurred for damages or injuries that you cause in a car accident. It makes sense to find the best possible way to meet this requirement. The most common way California drivers choose comply with the law is to buy liability insurance.
If that is your choice, the state of California will also require a minimum amount of coverage on a liability policy:
- $15,000 for injury/death to one person.
- $30,000 for injury/death to more than one person.
- $5,000 for damage to property.
You may want to talk with a licensed auto insurance provider in California to find out if these levels of coverage are right for you.
Ways to save on California auto insurance quotes
California insurance companies are required to offer you a good drivers discount of 20 percent if you have a clean driving record. There are several requirements in order to qualify for the discount:
- You have been licensed to drive for the past three years
- You have not had more than 1 point on your driving record due to violations in the past three years
- You have not been sent to traffic school more than once because of a traffic violation in the past three years
- You have not been at fault in an accident that resulted in injury or death in the past three years
In California, auto insurance companies are not allowed to use your credit score to determine the cost of your car insurance. As a result, other factors are weighted more heavily, including your overall driving record, where you live, your age, how you use your car and the make/model of your car.
For example, if you have a history of accidents or numerous traffic violations, you will be considered a greater risk to the insurance company and your California auto insurance quotes will likely be higher as a result.
Insurers also take into account the theft history of the car you own. So, if you’re in the market for a new car, find out if the vehicle you’re interested in has a high-theft history. You might want to choose a less popular car for thieves, and it will lower your auto insurance rate in the process.
And remember, all violations can affect what you pay for auto insurance. Driving carefully can help keep your insurance rates low.